Wednesday, September 27, 2017

A Black Woman Speaks

In my African American Theatre class, we were fortunate enough to read Beah Richard's play, "A Black Woman Speaks." I thought it was powerful on paper, but watching it performed is devastating, and beautiful, and deserves to be shared with the world.



We live in a difficult and wonderful time in history, and I think it's important that activists and artists like Beah Richards are recognized, and their messages listened to.



I am, like Richards was, an artist and activist

I am, like Richards was, a woman. I will stand with all women, and I will fight for human equality.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A While

Hi friends, it's been a while. Somehow, by the grace of God I managed to get through this semester in one piece, and with a dec...