Sunday, October 8, 2017

Mid-Semester Update/Reminder to Appreciate Small Things




So far, this semester has been a blessing and a curse. I guess that is pretty typical for college. I have been so busy that the weeks seem to fly by, and I hardly have time to just stop and appreciate small things. This post is a reminder, to me and to you, to stop and remember the small things.

This weekend was especially busy. I finished my run as costume mistress for our production of John Cariani's Almost Maine at Fletcher Collin's, and rehearsed for Robin Hood is Dead a wonderful new play by Paul Menzer which will be having its world premier (fancy!) later this month.

I have a lot of big things to look forward to this fall. My thesis is started to come together at last, and I am about to start working on the bulk of it (wish me luck!)
Auditions for a really great play are coming up next month, which I am already preparing for. Also, Jeremy and I might have found our dream house (which we will try and rent if it is still available by the time we are financially able to start moving -- hopefully before Christmas!)

But those are all big things -- wonderful things! But big things. I want to also list a few of the small things. There are a lot of them, but I will mention just a few from the past week.

Making new friends, and strengthening old ones -- this is something I noticed happen today. It was just a conversation, a hug, a smile, but it was worth SO much.

The flowers on the side of the road (I took an awesome picture of them).

Fall in Staunton is too beautiful for me to explain, it's truly an experience. This town is so lovely.

Making art for Mab's Drawlloween Club!

The people who like and support my art. It honestly means so much, even just a simple comment or "like" on Instagram.

The people who compliment my clothes. It makes me feel like a million bucks. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way so I try and return the favor whenever I can.

Evan Peters. He is just so good and talented, like damn.

My boyfriend Jeremy. He is okay, I guess. ;)
He also sends me pictures of Alastor, which make me SO happy.

Raspberry Zinger tea from Celestial Seasonings. Seriously, I love that shit.

Also, I just ordered the fabric for my Halloween costume! I will make a post about the process of making my costume once it is finished (so probably some time next month) stay tuned!

I feel like I need to keep this blog updated with more of my personal stuff, not just my poetry and writing (not that I plan to give that any less attention!) If all goes as planned, there will be more posts like this one in the future. :)

Lots of Love,

- Lissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A While

Hi friends, it's been a while. Somehow, by the grace of God I managed to get through this semester in one piece, and with a dec...