Thursday, November 2, 2017

New Poem: Through The Looking Glass



Through the Looking Glass

Here, inside
Is the scent of death.
My mother said
The roses had died,
The roses have given their final breath,
The roses have bled
And turned white.

I thought I heard
A sound there
That hushed my cries.
Was it the coo of a bird?
Or your silly laugh? Your foot on the stair?
Or the heavy sighs
That you might

Hear from a weary old house
Settling in its tired foundation?
Yet in the mirror I swear,
In your minnie mouse
Pajamas, with boundless elation
I saw you were there
To kiss me goodnight.


This poem is property of Lissa Fulton and may not be used without written permission from the author

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A While

Hi friends, it's been a while. Somehow, by the grace of God I managed to get through this semester in one piece, and with a dec...