Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Home at Last


Staunton, Virginia has become such a home to me over the past three years. It's beautiful, and mountainous, and full of creative people. It is also the first place I have established myself independent from anyone else. My sheets are on the bed, my rugs are on the floor, my knives and spoons and forks are in the drawer, etc.
It's funny how mesmerized I get by the idea of my own independence, the physical manifestations of it that I see every day. It's also ironic, because obviously I'm not here living completely independent from everything else! I have such an amazing support group at college which I don't know if I will ever be able to find again. I have friends who will pick me up when my car breaks down (Emily saved my butt that night), or buy me a cup of tea (too many of you to count), or give me granola bars and cookies when I'm running low on breakfast food (thanks Layla!)

But I think that's how life should be: A healthy mix of looking after one another and being looked after.

- Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A While

Hi friends, it's been a while. Somehow, by the grace of God I managed to get through this semester in one piece, and with a dec...